Main Menu Options
Main menu options display after the initial power-up cycle is complete. Once Sale is selected three menu options display on the initial or idle window and at most four menu options display thereafter. The following is a list of main menu options for this application as well as a brief description for each.
- Sale - Initiates the sale transaction
- Settlement - Initiates the settlement process.
- Void - Initiates the process to void a transaction.
- Refund - Initiates the process to perform a refund transaction.
- Check - Initiates the process to perform a check authorization.
- Phone Order - Initiates the phone order transaction.
- Auth Only - Initiates the process to perform an auth only transaction.
- Offline - Initiates the process to perform a sale transaction off line.
- Tab - Launches tab menu options:
- Open Tab - Initiates the open tab transaction.
- Close Tab - Initiates closing the open tab transaction with same cc or different cc.
- Del Tab - Deletes the open tab transactions
- Tab Rpt - Prints the open tab report
- Batch Totals - Displays batch totals of stored transactions for each Host.
- Batch Review - Retrieves stored transactions in the batch using specific criteria (Inv#, Acct#, Clerk ID or Amt).
- Store/Forward - Launches Store and Forward menu options.
- Send Store/Fwd - Sends stored transactions to host for authorization.
- Batch Review - Retrieves stored transactions using specific criteria (Inv#, Acct#, Clerk ID or Amt).
- Store/Fwd Mode - Enables and disables Store and Forward feature.
- Reversal - Launches Reversal Transaction menu options.
- Balance Inq - Initiates the Pre-Paid credit (or open loop gift) card , EBT Balance Inquiries, and EMV transactions.
- Acct Eligblty - Initiates the account verification transaction (For Visa and Mastercard).
- Help - Displays software information including phone number for assistance.
Key options are specific operations that are launched with an icon selection or a key press. These key options are as follows:
- Tip Adjust - Initiated by pressing the second purple key from the left
- Reprint - Initiated by pressing the third purple key from the left
- Reports - Initiated with the fourth purple key from the left. Selecting Reports displays a list of reports that can be generated by the application.
- Shift - Initiated when the #1 key is pressed. It allows the user to change the shift when supported. If not supported the following message displays: “Shift Not On.”
- Store/Forward - Initiated when the #2 key is pressed. This option enables and disables the Store/Forward feature. After selecting ON/OFF press the Enter key to initiate the operation.
- Paper Advance - Initiated when the #3 key is pressed. This option allows the user to advance the receipt paper while at the main menu idle display.
- Quick Setup - Initiated when the #6 key is pressed. This key is password protected. Once the appropriate person enters a valid password, the user can use the quick setup option to add or edit select parameters for the TSYS host and the terminal:
- Phone - user can view, print and edit dial communication setup values.
- Terminal - user can view, print and edit terminal parameter setup values.
- Communications - user can view, print and edit backup communication setup values.
- Lock Kbd - Initiated when the #8 key is pressed. When selected this menu item prompts the user to lock the keyboard. If the user selects YES the keyboard is locked. Once the keyboard is locked, when any key is pressed, the terminal displays “KEYBOARD LOCKED” and prompts the user for a password. A password will be required any time a menu item is accessed, meaning if entering setup the user will be required to enter the password for each selection until the keyboard lock is disabled.
- In order to unlock the keyboard, the #8 key must be pressed again and the manager password must be entered. The user must select NO at the prompt at which time the keyboard is unlocked.
- Set Language - Initiated when the #7 key is pressed. This option allows the user to select the display language.
- Cash Receipt - Initiated when the #9 key is pressed. The cash receipt feature allows the user to print a receipt for non-card transactions. The transaction will not be saved to the batch.
- Card Swipe Sale - Initiates a sale transaction when a card is swiped from the main menu screen.
- Exit to VMAC - Initiated when the asterisk (*) key is pressed. When the VMAC application is loaded along with the SoftPay application, selecting the asterisk key from the SoftPay main menu idle display will exit to the VMAC idle menu.
Configuration Menu Options
The CONFIGURATION Menu allows the user to view and edit parameter value settings. To launch the CONFIGURATION Menu, press the ENTER key while on the Sale, Void, Refund screen. The following menu options display:
- Setup - Launches a list of terminal operation records from which settings can be viewed and edited.
- Servers - Launches the Configure Server menu used to setup the person who will serve the customer and who will log on and log off of the terminal.
- Menus/Keys - Launches the Menu Configuration structure to view, edit and determine whether the menu will display on the terminal or not and to control password levels for menus and keys used to access transactions.
- Set Language - Prompts user to select the language that will print on the receipts and reports.
- PINPad Utility - Launches a utility to verify the PINPad is attached and to set the PINPad to the proper baud rate. This function only needs to be run if there appears to be a problem with the PINPad.
- About - Displays version information and memory configuration (loaded in flash or RAM) for the application in current use.
- Key Sync- Force key rotation utilizing the menu option..
- Init Ext PP - Initializes an external PINPad. If the PINPad type is configured as XPCR, the menu option will display. Otherwise the menu option will not display.
The order in which the menu items display for each of the above Configuration menu options are listed with descriptions below.
The Setup submenu options for this application are as follows:
- Authentication - Initiates a Terminal Authentication Request to be sent to the host.
- Deactivation - Initiates a Terminal Deactivation Request to be sent to the host.
- Demo - The demo mode when turned ON allows training and/or testing to take place without actual communications with the host.
- Batch - This menu option launches the Batch data records/table that sets up batch information for each host, such as the maximum number of transactions stored in a batch as well as the batch size.
- Printer - The Printer setup data records/table is launched when this menu option is selected. It controls the value settings for printing of receipts and reports.
- Terminal - This menu option launches the terminal setup data records/table that controls the parameter value settings for operations that can be performed on the terminal.
- Merchant - Launches each Host data record/table that stores parameter setting and flags specific to that individual host.
- Comm - The Communications setup table launches when this menu option is selected. Communication parameters control the dial communication process between the terminal and host.
- Host - Launches the Host Definition setup data records/ table that control host specific parameter value settings such as: communication types, packet types and settlement protocol, relative to each Host.
- Merchant IDs - This menu option launches one record for each Merchant supported. The Merchant ID data record/table contains Merchant ID information that identifies each merchant’s preference of information printed on the receipt. It also stores the merchant password invoice number sequence, auto settlement date and time information, and what report will print at settlement.
- Merchant Hosts - Launches each Merchant Host setup table/data record that controls host batch information for each merchant.
- Retail Device - Launches the External Retail Device setup data records/table that controls the parameter settings for the External Retail Device.
- Checkreader - Launches the check configuration table/data records that control checkreader information, including the type of checkreader, port, baud rate and terminal format.
- CR600reader - This menu option launches the checkreader setup table/data records for the CR600 checkreader device including the configuration parameter settings.
- Download - Initiates a full or partial dial download of the application or configuration parameters to the terminal or checkreader.
- Edit Cards - This menu option provides access to the Card Definition Setup table/data records that controls the parameter settings for each card range.
- Issuers - This menu option launches the Issuer setup table/data records that control how the issuer information (acct # and expiration date) will be displayed on the terminal and receipt.
- Store/Forward - This menu option launches the Store and Forward table/data records that contain the parameter settings to enable or disable the Store and Forward feature. The Store and Forward feature allows the merchant to process, approve and print receipts for transactions offline. In addition, reports containing the store and forward transactions can be printed.
- IP Hosts - When selected this menu item launches the table/data records for the Internet Provider configuration settings.
- Clear Batch - Initiates the process to clear the batch for all or one merchant. Refer to Transaction Processing and Clear Batch for more information.
- Date/Time - This menu option allows the user to set the date and time that will alternate between the logo displays on the initial idle menu window.
- Batch Verify - The batch integrity check resets the batch indexes.